Monday, March 30, 2020

Together

I have been struck by conversations that I have had over the last few days. And I have been amazed at the new ways that everyone has of living together though apart at this time. 
One pair of grandparents told me about the highlight of their day which was to read the grandchildren a bedtime story on Skype. As one read, the other made the sound effects. They delighted in being able to see the children's faces and hear their chatter afterwards. 
Another described - rather differently! - how he poured out a small glass of beer and phoned a friend he would normally meet in his local and they would have that pub chat that they enjoyed. Others, speaking on the phone for the first time to people, as part of our church phone chat realised how many interests they had in common, or learned new facts such as Euclidian geometry!

This icon depicting the three angels who visited Abraham reminds us that we are never alone, even when we feel isolated God is with us.

A prayer remembering God is with us
Lord God, thank you that you are always with me.
You are with me in the day and in the night.
You are with me when I’m happy and when I’m sad.
You are with me when I’m healthy and when I am ill.
You are with me when I am peaceful and when I am worried.
Today I am feeling (name how you are feeling) because (reasons you are feeling this way).
Help me to remember that you love me and are with me in everything today.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jo, you have shown my favourite icon which I sometimes use for meditation. I used it a lot when I had a bad attack of shingles and it helped to calm and ground me.

    ReplyDelete