Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Gradual but visible Changes

 




Some days feel bleak anyway at this time of the year.

Any happier, closer, warmer time seems remote.

Try as we may this time of isolation remains upon us.

How do we hope when life feels mired in uncertainty?

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.




I am not inclined to cling to false hopes; is optimism foolishly misplaced?

The scientific consensus remains uncertain, balancing the progress with those wretched graphs.

Every day we may be getting closer, I pray that this time we overcome

The virus’ mutations and our own human selfishness.

He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.                                                                Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.




How do we live these days of pain and danger?

For ourselves and for everyone we know – there is no easy answer,

Yet trusting to the Lord who has ever been with me feels like firm ground for my future

His love is broad and eternal, it transcends our present plight.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows                                                             

                         


The green pastures are places where we can grow, and flourish,

Our minds can find renewed peace and hope.

Whatever comes I will seek to be faithful, though time may oppress with fear or doubt,

And the age-old trust of Psalm 23 shall hold me in life and death, for that is the promise.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment