Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Memo from God



Good morning,

As you got up I watched and hoped you would talk to me. Just a few words about the day ahead, perhaps, or about your night?

But I noticed you were busy showering and selecting the right clothes. I waited again, hoping to hear from you. When you ran around the house collecting papers, setting up for the day ahead, I knew there would be a few minutes to stop and say hello, but somehow you never slowed down.

I longed to tell you that I am with you and could help you accomplish more than you ever dreamed possible if you would just spend some of each day with me. At one point, you waited fifteen minutes in a chair with nothing to do. That would be a good time to catch up but you were thinking about the person that you had had a bit of a row with.

Then I saw you spring to your feet; I thought you wanted to walk and talk to me, but you picked up your phone and called a friend. That connectedness was wonderful and good for both of you and I was there with you both in the conversation and listening.




I watched go for your walk and waited patiently as my wonderful creation greeted all your senses but your mind was so full you seemed to notice nothing of my love surrounding you. The day carried on with so many activities, some of which were amazing and helpful and some which really seemed to get you nowhere and I noticed how you kept on telling yourself how incredibly busy you were. Can we talk? Will you listen?  

At the end of the day there was still more time left, and I hoped that we would talk but you turned on the TV;  and seemed to watch what ever came on. Surely you will talk with me about the News there are so many difficult things going on, we could talk them through together!

At bedtime you were totally tired. After you said good night to your family you picked up the Bible with the study notes, then glancing at the passage you told yourself it was too demanding so you put it aside and fell asleep. I had so much wanted to be part of your day. We could have had so much fun and accomplished so much together.

I love you so much that I wait every day for a thought, prayer or thanks. Well, maybe tomorrow! I'll always be there be waiting.

Your Friend, God



 




No comments:

Post a Comment