Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Psalm 23 Redux

 



This I know:

My life is in your hands.

I have nothing to fear.

 

I stop,

breathe,

listen.




 

Beneath the whirl of what is

is a deep down quiet place.

You beckon me to tarry there.

 

This is the place

where unnamed hungers

are fed, the place

of clear water,

refreshment.




 

My senses stilled,

I drink deeply,

at home in timeless territory.

 

In peril, I remember:

Death's dark vale holds no menace.

I lean into You;

Your eternal presence comforts me.

I am held tenderly.

 



In the midst of all that troubles,

that threatens and diminishes,

You set abundance before me.

You lift my head; my vision clears.

The blessing cup overflows.

 

This I know:

You are my home and my hope,

my strength and my solace,

and so shall You ever be.

 

In Carla A. Grosch-Miller, Psalms Redux: Poems and Prayers,




(London: Canterbury Press)

No comments:

Post a Comment