Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Facing Changes: Annemarie writes




                                  
Anne-Marie writes;
I have lived in Isabella House for five months now: "How long will it take you to settle?" I have been asked by friends. Amazingly I felt settled once the numerous boxes had been emptied on day two. It just seemed so right leaving my childhood home and where I returned years later to nurse my Mum and then Dad.
On the third day here there was a fish and chip supper and I was warmly welcomed into the fold of thirty residents. Everything seemed to go very smoothly as I began to dispose of items I no longer wanted, as much as possible to charity. My only difficulty was passing on hundreds of books. I was told it would be very stressful.  But I felt lifted up and this move was a new adventure in my later life.
And so it has proved to be especially in the situation we all find ourselves in. Lockdown and no socializing. But there is still support here and I am very happy. Many phone calls to make and receive, and also emails, including with old workmates wanting to make contact.
I am alone but not lonely.  God is good.   


We say Psalm 46,
God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.

We pray (at any time of day)
Lighten our darkness, we beseech thee, O Lord; and by thy great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers (of this night); for the love of thine only Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Love to you all. Ann-Marie

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased you have moved into the centre of Hertford and as a fellow newcomer I look forward to meeting you in person having had the pleasure of getting to know you through our regular phone calls since lockdown. Love Helen

    ReplyDelete